Underpinning is the process of strengthening the foundations of a building. It involves excavating sections around the perimeter of the building and installing concrete piers or screw piles to support the existing foundation.
There are many reasons why underpinning may be necessary, including:
– The building is settling or has already settled and is showing cracks in the walls or floors.
– The soil around the building has been eroded or washed away, leaving the foundation unsupported.
– The building has been extended and the existing foundation is not strong enough to support the additional weight.
– The building has been damaged in an earthquake and needs the footings strengthened.
Underpinning before renovating your property
If you’re planning any renovations to your property, underpinning is essential to avoid further damage. Without underpinning, any new renovations you make will be at risk of being damaged and costing your family more money in the long run. Otherwise, you risk damaging new tiling, cabinetry, splash backs and painting. So before you start any renovations, make sure underpinning is at the top of your list!
For more information about how much restumping costs, contact a local expert today. Underpinning your home is one of the smartest things you can do to protect your investment – don’t wait until it’s too late!
How do I know if I need underpinning?
if you’re not sure if your home needs underpinning, there are a few things you can check for.
– Check for cracks in the walls or floors. If they’re present, this is a sign that underpinning may be necessary.
– Are you doors and windows no longer opening and closing? This can be another sign that your property needs underpinning.
– Check the corners of the brickwork outside your home and whether there is cracking
– If you’re planning any renovations or extensions to your property, underpinning will be essential to avoid further damage.
Consult with a professional if you’re still unsure. They will be able to give you an expert opinion and advise you on the best course of action.
Need help with underpinning in Bendigo?
If you need help or perhaps are unsure of what’s the difference between restumping and underpinning, our team of experts are here to help. We have a wealth of experience and knowledge in underpinning, so we can provide you with the best possible solution for your needs. Contact us today to find out more about our services and how we can help you strengthen your foundation.